Gujranwala Waste Management Company (GWMC) was established under the vision of honorable Chief Minister, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif on 29th January 2014 as a non-profitable organization under the provision of section 42 of The Companies Ordinance 1984. The purpose of establishment of the company was to introduce a corporate culture in Government sector to provide better services to citizens of Gujranwala. We are committed to turn the Gujranwala as one of the cleanest city on globe.
- Waste collection efficiency has increased from 27-70%
- ISO 9001 certified with TUV Austria
- Transfer stations at multiple locations have been established to achieve the goal of reduced time and cost for waste collection.
- Under one time cleaning (OTC) activity, approximately 63, 105 tons of waste has been lifted from plots which was compiled for decades.
- The fleet operational efficacy has been raised from 40-99% by upgradation of workshop through introduction of 40 mini tippers and a mobile workshop in vehicle fleet.
- GPS data base for solid waste assets and equipment has been developed
- GWMC conducts awareness sessions at educational and health institutes, commercial establishments and communities with the collaboration of national & international organizations.