The LG&CD Department is going to undertake a project to gather data / information and development of Master Land Use Plans in Punjab Cities to attain the following objectives:
- To regulate growth of cities in a planned, scientific and environmentally sustainable way
- Allocate land for various uses resulting in harmonious and sustainable distribution of activities
- To work out rational land and infrastructure requirements for various urban needs for future
- Reconstructing the developed areas and improved traffic circulation
- To save precious land by zoning.
- To minimize the effects of overcrowding of population such as shortage of houses, traffic congestion, inadequate open spaces and insufficient public amenities, etc.
- To work out institutional needs and regulations for such plan
The Master Land Use Plans so developed will address the issues of haphazard growth, traffic congestion, inadequate open spaces and infrastructure requirements for various urban needs for future.